Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Semi-Finals of "Dancing"....

So here are the Season 4 Finalists in "Dancing with the Stars," with photos placed in the order in which I'd like to see them win:



Apolo and Julianne -- what a wonderful couple! I disagree with Len's assessment of their cha-cha-cha; I thought it far better than Leila's Egyptian quickstep and Ian's Elvis jive. It was technically perfect and to grade it down on taste alone seemed a bit shabby to me. However, 59 out of 60 possible is nothing to sneeze at, and we're really pulling for this young couple to walk away with another (albeit ugly) trophy for Apolo's collection. They received all five of my online votes.



Joey and Kym did a bang-up job on both their dances. Their showmanship is hard to equal, and their creativity seems to have no end. But I don't think they have the fan-base that Apolo and Juli have; we'll see. They are great -- this competition is truly anyone's to win.



As much as I love the Bangle's "Walk Like an Egyptian," I didn't care at all for Leila and Max's actual quick step. I much preferred their sexy cha-cha-cha which showcased Leila at her very, very best. She does the Latin dances so well; she moves smoothly across the floor with confidence and ease.

So I'm hoping for Apolo and Julianne to win, but any of these three dancing pairs are worthy of the title and the ugly trophy. It was a truly amazing Week 9 semi-finals, with only three scores out of twenty-four not being a perfect "10." Watch the semi-finals on abc.com if you haven't already; it could be the most enjoyable 90 minutes you've ever spent.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin