Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Quotation: Saying Grace

("Saying Grace" by Norman Rockwell)

As I perused my quotation journal this afternoon, my mind continued flitting in many directions, an impatient butterfly that cannot find a place to land, to rest. The Health Care vote pends in the House as I type, and although our family has been unable to afford health insurance for almost a year, this monstrous bill is certainly NOT the answer. An issue has come up this past week that is scary and sends our family into trust-God territory in a huge way, one requiring a quick decision and stepping into the unknown in faith and hope. And then there's the everyday things: home education, our daughter attending college in the fall, work at Brave Writer, classes at our co-op, etc. So my mind is flitting and fluttering, focusing on little yet thinking of much.

And the thought of thanksgiving comes to mind--of grace, faith, hope. A quotation by G.K. Chesterton seems to express much of my thoughts right now:

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and the pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing, and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

--G.K. Chesterton
Wishing you all a gracious week,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin