Monday, September 13, 2010

A Shakespearean Quotation...or Two


In light of my Shakespearean week, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite quotations of the Bard to take us through the coming week.

"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."
--Prospero

--Shakespeare, The Tempest, Act IV

"The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."
--Portia

--Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, Act IV

"What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?" --Benedick

--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act I

I hope that you enjoy these quotations as much as I do. :)

Your own "Lady Disdain,"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin