Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Quotation of the Week

For some reason beyond my control, Blogger isn't allowing me to post images, boldings, italics...nothing from the control bar. Don't know why; it could be an AOL thing. It's getting very annoying...that's all I can say.

Now that school is done for the most part, I can actually breathe. The big class' research papers have been returned and final grades computed, and all Brave Writer classes are finished. I have a few research papers to grade and mail back to my honors writing students and our own boys' final grades to add up, but then I'm completely finished for the summer.

And my summer project? (You knew I had one, right?) Complete the first draft of the MLA Research Report book for Brave Writer by the end of July.

But as I enter summer, a time to rest and relax after my most stressful school year yet, I wanted to ponder a quotation or two about rest.

“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.”
--Ashleigh Brilliant (1933--)

“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
--John Lubbock (1834-1913)

“Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.”
--Ralph Marston (b.1907)

Wishing you all a blessed, restful summer ahead!

Resting in God's grace, this day and always,
Susanne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin