Monday, September 9, 2013

The Writing Life



Well, another weekend has come and gone, and I didn't have time (again) to draft a chapter for my third online novel. Currently I have a prologue and nine chapters written and posted under a pen name on two different websites. From the two novels and several short stories I have completed plus my Work in Progress (WIP), my work has garnered nearly three million reads/hits to date.

But with summer gone and real life (i.e., the school year) getting rolling, I'm again having the worst time trying to find time to write.

Yes, I know I'm a busy wife and mom. And home educator. And writing/literature instructor, both online and in the classroom. And editor/grader with my own business. With four kids and a husband at home (oh, and a dachshund!), plus two teen boys to homeschool in grades 8 and 11, three online courses to teach this fall, and one co-op essay writing class to teach, plus proofreading/editing for several ministries in addition to grading essays for my own business, I guess that writing is being forced to take a backseat to deadlines, exams, and teaching.

And we won't get into the several autoimmune disorders that doctors have diagnosed.

Last week I ran across a quotation on Twitter, and it struck me funny in a dry way. Perhaps it's not really humorous at all; it could just be Truth staring down her nose at me.

"Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life."

~Lawrence Kasdan


Yeah, that's about how having this next chapter to draft hanging over my head right now feels like, especially as I write this post at 3:45 AM.

But I do pray for wise time management so that I can set aside a few blocks of time each week for writing.

Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin