Saturday, December 23, 2017

Praises to God via Saint Francis


I have long been a follower of American Catholic's "Saint of the Day" e-mails which tell the stories of various saints from around the world. As I read a story of one of God's people each morning, all so different yet so focused on Him, I am encouraged and inspired, and the challenges of my life seem to grow a bit lighter, become a bit more do-able. 

This Advent I have also followed Franciscan Media's daily Advent Calendar videos and posts, in addition to this being my third year with Dynamic Catholic's Best Advent Ever videos and follow-up questions and activities. And I continue with my usual online Life for Leaders Daily Devotional which, although evangelical (partially supported by Fuller Theological Seminary), also follows the seasons of the Christian Year and thus is Advent-focused at this time.

Away from the computer, I've been reading and praying through Franciscan Media's Advent with the Saints and The Dawning of Indestructible Joy: Daily Readings for Advent by John Piper, the latter of which was given to me by Father Gregory at Blessed Trinity Anglican. In fact, he gave me two copies, so I gave the other to Pastor Noble at Pine Valley Community Church; Megan told me that their whole family is reading through it together.

So as Advent draws to a close tomorrow night with the arrival of Christmastide, I wanted to share a wonderful prayer of praise called "Praises of God" by Saint Francis of Assisi that was part of today's Advent devotional at Franciscan Media's Advent Calendar. Enjoy!!


Wishing you and yours a holy Advent and a joyous Christmastide!!

Warmly,

2 comments:

Reina M. Williams said...

Thank you for sharing, Susanne, and for your other beautiful and fun posts this past year. Blessings to you and yours in this Advent season, and in 2018. I look forward to "seeing" you around the web-o-sphere. :)

Susanne Barrett said...

Thanks, Reina!! Blessings "back-atcha" as the anticipation of Adventide transforms into the joy of Christmastide and a truly wonder-filled New Year!!! I'm looking forward to reading more of your books!! ;)

Warmly,
Susanne :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin