Monday, June 15, 2009

Quote of the Week

I usually change my "Quote of the Week" in the sidebar of this blog each Monday. However, I don't know how many people actually notice the change, so I thought that on Mondays I would post the new quotation(s) in an actual blog post so that everyone could read it/them at least once. I like to switch my selections up a bit as I type them in from my Quotation Journal, so I try to alternate between Christian and literary quotations. Last week I quoted from Oswald Chambers' incredible book, My Utmost for His Highest, so this week I will return to some literary quotes I've picked up over the years. Enjoy!

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a
page."
~ Saint Augustine

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."
~ Jorge Luis Borge

"I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I
hit a bookmark."
~ Steven Wright

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin