Monday, July 20, 2015

Quotations of the Week


Once again, God has turned my easily-distracted mind back to gratitude, thanks to an amazing group of women focused on Gratitude via Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, one of the most life-changing books (outside of God's Word, of course!) I have ever read.

I had been a longtime reader of Ann's blog, A Holy Experience; in fact, her blog inspired me to start my own...and my ninth "blogversary" is coming up next month! So I was familiar with her "attitude of gratitude" long before her book hit the bestsellers lists. I've kept various Gratitude Journals throughout the years, in addition to all of the other journals I keep: a regular "life journal" in which I try to write once a week, a quotation journal (filled with Ann-quotes, Scripture, poems, hymns, advice on writing, various words of wisdom--anything I want to savor and keep) for which I'm in my 13th year and second journal volume, a prayer journal, etc.

So all of this brings me to my Quotations for the Week, some Ann-words and some Scripture this time:

"The truth is that stillness with God is always a matter of focus, not of circumstances."

~Ann Voskamp (via Twitter)

***

"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."

~Psalm 90.12, English Standard Version


Focus, not circumstances...how true that is in my life! How often do I allow circumstances to dictate my relationship with God instead of clearing away the detritus of my days and simply BE STILL.



And as days seem to fall one over the other, each one passing in the proverbial blink of an eye, I want to stop, truly focus on "numbering my days," seeking His Wisdom and not my own so that my heart is filled with His Love, His Grace, His Peace.

May this week be a week of deliberate focus, of wisdom, and not tossed about by circumstances, most of which I have no control over.

Wishing us all God's best this week,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin