Monday, October 24, 2011

Quotation for the Week


I've now been sick for over a week. I started feeling ill last Saturday night, then stayed home Sunday from church. I tried to have a normal school day on Monday, but went to bed very early--totally unlike myself. Then I just couldn't function for the rest of the week and spent most of Tuesday through Sunday in bed. I managed to finish grading essays for my Brave Writer course, but that was about it all week.

Last night I did the boys' school planning, and I was lightheaded the entire time.

This morning I woke, planning to return to my normal schedule, and I just can't. I'll try to stay on the sofa so that I can help the boys with their schoolwork, but I'm definitely going to have to take it easy.

So as I peruse the quotations in my journal this week, I came across an odd truth from an unusual source. See what you think about it....

"Man can't do without God. Just like you're thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can't go without God."
--Bob Marley

We "can't go without God." Isn't that the Truth? Marley seems to be paraphrasing John 15:5: "...for apart from me you can do nothing."

So as we walk with God this week, depending on Him for everything, may we ponder the simple yet profound words from an unusual source...dreads and all.

Wishing you all a blessed week,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin