Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Fountain Pen...and Quotations of the Week

I was thrilled this week when the lovely Waterman fountain pen (a Hemisphere Stainless Steel) that Keith gave me for my birthday arrived. I was immediately opening my journals so that I could start writing with it, and I just love the gentle flow and excellent control that comes with writing with such an amazing instrument.

My Quotation Journal, which I started in August of 2001, is rather ravaged and very nearly full, but I thumbed through it this afternoon to find a couple of inspirational quotations to spur us onward through the midpoint of this Lenten season.

And these are the two quotations that drew me in:

"Waiting patiently...is the foundation of the spiritual life."
~Simone Weil

"One is not a saint all of a sudden."
~Brother LawrenceThe Practice of the Presence of God

So patience is the theme for this week...which is very helpful for me as I'm not a very patient person. But as "good things come to those who wait," I'm trying to learn patience, not to obtain material "good things" but those "good things" of the Spirit: "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control" (Galatians 5.22-23).

I pray that all of you who practice Lent are being greatly blessed, drawn closer to our loving Father through sacrifice and hearts prepared to listen to His still, quiet voice. May we hear His whispers because our minds and hearts are stilled, waiting for His voice to pierce the everyday noise in the midst of the storms of our busy lives.

I wish you all a blessed and holy Lent!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin