Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quotations of the Week




I love quotations. Over the past twelve years I have filled one entire journal with quotations, and I started a new quotation journal last August. The old-fashioned name for a quotation journal is a commonplace book.

So, for this week I've chosen two quotations on the subject of creativity by a very famous person from my current commonplace book:

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."

~Albert Einstein


"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."

~Albert Einstein 


From The Book of Common Prayer 2011 for this week:

SECOND SUNDAY BEFORE LENT: SEXAGESIMA

THE COLLECT:

LORD God, who sees that we cannot trust in anything that we do; By your power may we be defended against all adversity for your mercy's sake; Through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and rules with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen. (References: Psalm 3.7-8; 129.17-18; Hebrews 7.35)

So as Lent approaches, I pray that God will reveal to me what He wants me to focus upon during these 40 days in the spiritual wilderness, just as Christ spent 40 days in the desert before starting His earthly ministry. We can learn much if only we quiet our minds, hearts, and souls so that we can hear Him speaking to us. How easy it is to be distracted by the Internet and Facebook, by television and Netflix, by cell phones and Instagram, and yes, even by blogging. So I pray that as I take time for silence, I will relax into His Spirit and be truly teachable. 

Wishing you all a blessed pre-Lent,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin