Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The "Now" List

While reading blogs this morning on Google Reader (this reader is sheer genius when it comes to keeping up with blogs -- I adore it!), I came across this list on Jason Boyett's blog and have taken him up on his invitation to make a meme out of it. So feel free to do the same and take this to your own blog as well.

What I am listening to right now:
Billie Holiday on my laptop's iTunes.

What computer I am using right now:
A Toshiba laptop that's six years old and has little memory left...

What I am eating right now:
Nothing.

What I am drinking right now:
A large mug of Irish Breakfast tea imported from Britain -- Taylors of Harrogate, to be precise, which I buy at a little shop run by older British ladies. They have two clocks on the wall: one set to San Diego time and one to London time. They carry all kinds of wonderful British delicacies like treacle tarts, clotted cream, Cadbury's milk chocolate, a beautiful selection of Taylors teas, and their back room is stacked with expensive china teapots and cups, tea trays and cosies, etc. It's one of my favorite stores in the world: All Things Bright and British in La Mesa, California.

What I have just finished doing:
Teaching my three boys about Shakespeare. I read aloud the picture book The Bard of Avon and we thumbed through Usborne's World of Shakespeare.

What I will do immediately after posting this:D
Read aloud to the boys from The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood, chapters 21 and 22.

What I am reading now:
North by Northanger, a paperback mystery with Elizabeth and Darcy after their marriage; I bought it yesterday for a dime at our library.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for about the eighth time -- just to relax with in the spa and before bed at night.
Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande -- lent to me by Kitty.

Last email/text I received:
From Judith about the cancellation of her trip downtown to see her photographs on display at the County Administration Building. I want to go before the photos are removed so will try to get down there before the 11th.

Last email/text I sent:
To Laura R. regarding the crib mattress she wants to borrow from us.

Last blog entry I read:
Jason Boyett's blog from which I took this meme. Before that, Internet Monk's blog.

What I did last night:
After typing up the Minutes from our last art council meeting in preparation for our next meeting on Thursday, E and I watched an episode from the first season of ER and a rerun of Bones on TNT. I also wrote a long blog entry on liturgy based on a comment I received from an Anglican priest/chaplain in New Zealand.

What I'm doing tonight:
Resting after teaching my own four kids and tutoring three writing students this afternoon. Watching the Top Chef finale and So You Think You Can Dance. Will do my vespers prayers by candlelight on the front porch.

What I just looked at right now:
The stained glass window of a sailing ship hanging in our front window.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin