Monday, June 2, 2008

Stained Glass Update



Keith has finally closed in the top half of the window -- not all of the pieces are soldered in, but the pieces are there. He estimates that he is approaching three-quarters of area covered and nearly two-thirds of pieces in place.

He is hoping to have the window done in eight weeks or so; many small pieces are involved in finishing the hollyhocks and roses in the bottom half. Keith is hoping to use some glass fusing for the flowers -- the roses in particular -- and especially for the painted details on the little house. He is also hoping to etch in some birds flying across the sunset -- he'll see how it goes.

The formal unveiling will be in August. We'll set it up in our front window to take some photos before we truck it over to Dr. Adema's for the installation and formal unveiling.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Beautiful!

liturgy said...

Greetings

I'm pleased I just fell over this cool site & see you have some others also.
I cannot see an email contact address.
I hope you'll visit my site called "Liturgy"
www.liturgy.co.nz
If you link to it, please let me know so I acknowledge that and link back.

Blessings

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin