Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Evangelicals and Catholics Together

I ran across this incredible document just today when attempting to catch up on the blogs I peruse on Google Reader. I was nearly 450 blog posts behind and I'm afraid that I don't recall which blog I found this link, but it's an amazing document, even if it is fifteen years old.

Even the "Bible Answer Man," Hank Hanegraaff, apparently asserts that Evangelical Protestants and Roman Catholics who ascribe to the Magisterium hold 85% of their doctrines in common. 85%! Despite the suspicion and fear that Evangelical Protestants and some Catholics have toward each other (or perhaps because of the suspicion and fear), this amazing document was born.

If you belong to either "camp" or are a Christian interested in the newer brand of ecumenism, this is a document you really should read. I feel like jumping up and down with sheer joy!

Evangelicals and Catholics Together

Yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin