Sunday, June 5, 2011

A New Quotation of the Week

Blogger is still refusing to post photos and links (or even italics or bold) for me, so please excuse the lack of bells and whistles as I post today....

Each Sunday I very much enjoy thumbing through my worn Quotation Journal, seeking a quote that encapsulates my feelings about the week past or for the coming week. And tonight I keep thinking of kindness. An old friend has posted some very kind notes and remembrances to my Facebook Wall this weekend which have cheered my spirits considerably as this past week has been a very difficult one for me.

The final two weeks of our school year require much work from me: last week I had to complete all the lessons for the Shakespeare Family Workshop at Brave Writer and respond to all assignments, plus start grading final essays, and home school the boys. Now this week I must face the completion of the Shakespeare Family Workshop I'm extending through Friday, the MLA essays I need to finish grading and then computing final grades for my Intermediate Writing course at Class Day, the MLA rough draft conferences I'm holding this week for my Advanced Writing students, and the final week of home schooling for our three boys (grades 5, 8, and 10).

This past week's stresses have hiked my pain levels to the highest they've been all year. I've been struggling to push myself through my days, getting done all I can to finish our school year and my outside classes well. And the kindness of my friend has helped to lift my spirits this weekend as I face our final week of homeschooling and so many looming deadlines for my other classes.

So, on kindness:

"The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love."
William Wordsworth (1770 - 1850)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC), "The Lion and the Mouse"

So as I reflect on the kind words of a friend, I pray that kindess will also follow you throughout this week, blessing you as you bless others with kind thoughts, words, and deeds.

With kind thoughts,
Susanne

2 comments:

sarah said...

How odd that you are having trouble with blogger. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Susanne Barrett said...

Yes, I've tried restarting my computer and am not sure what's going on. Grrr....

I take it that you're not having issues?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin