Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lenten Prayers

Tonight's Vesper Prayers from Divine Hours: Prayers for Springtime:

Most loving Father, whose will it is for us to give thanks for all things, to fear nothing but the loss of you, and to cast all our care on you who cares for us: Preserve me from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from me the light of that love which is immortal, and which you have manifested to us in your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Almighty God, who after the creation of the world rested from all your works and sanctified a day of rest for all your creatures: Grant that I, putting away all earthly anxieties, may be duly prepared for the service of public worship, and grant as well that my Sabbath upon the earth may be a preparation for the eternal rest promised to your people in heaven; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
.

I'll be back on Monday as for Lent I am staying off the computer on Sundays in order to develop more of a Sabbath rest in my body, mind, and heart. See you then!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin