Sunday, July 6, 2008

Prayers and Myers-Briggs Personalities....

For almost ten years the Internet community I've hung around with has been very "into" Myers-Briggs personality tests. These rate whether a person is an Introvert (I) or Extrovert (E), Sensing (S) or iNtuition (N), Feeling (F) or Thinking (T), and Judging (J) or Perceiving(P). I'm an ISFJ which, according to the tests, means that I am a Nurturer. (Click on "ISFJ" for a full description.)

Then I ran across this hilarious set of prayers based on each of the Myers-Briggs combinations on Sister Spitfire's blog. See if you can locate your own personality in this list (mine is in bold):

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41:23 a.m. E.S.T.

ISTP: God, help me to consider people’s feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

ESTP: God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they’re usually NOT my fault.

ESTJ: God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don’t mind my asking).

ESFP: God, help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.

ESFJ: God, give me patience, and I mean right NOW.

INFJ: Lord, help me not to be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

INFP: God, help me to finish everything I sta

ENFP: God, help me to keep my mind on one th - Look a bird! - at a time.

ENFJ: God, help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?

INTJ: Lord, keep me open to other’s ideas, *wrong* though they may be.

INTP: Lord, help me to be less independent, but let me do it my way.

ENTP: Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I’ll settle for a few minutes.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

(And did I mention that Keith is an INTP? At least he'll finish the stained glass window!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin