Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quotation of the Week


I've had a very difficult week physically--pain just won't let up; it's blinding now as I type. So I won't preface this quotation with much except to say that it stood out to me as if it were written in crimson ink right in the middle of Ann's blog:
"Now is not an emergency to rip through, but a moment to embrace with gratitude."

--Ann Voskamp, on AHolyExperience.com

I not only jotted this sentence into my Quotation Journal; I also copied it onto my Shakespeare Post-Its and placed it at eye-level on the wall in front of my desk.

An important reminder, that.

How easy it is to hurry; how difficult it is to slow down, see what is in front of us right now, and give thanks. It's something I need to learn--desperately need to learn.

Learning to slow down and embrace the "now" with gratitude,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin