Sunday, June 3, 2007

Doing What I Love Best....

I got an idea about the introduction for my book while I was watering the garden today. As soon as I could, I took my laptop out onto the front porch and while I watched the boys do yard work, I hammered out a good chunk of the intro.

Today at church I also asked Nathan, our newly-elected associate pastor, if he would read over my introduction and outline, and he said he'd be happy to do so. He's had a bit on his plate lately, what with the birth of his and Wendy's first son on Monday and his graduation from seminary yesterday. But before he takes on the associate pastoral duties in late July, I hope he'll have time to give me a little feedback. He's one of the many people I want to look at my ideas and see if they're helpful.

Getting my book started today felt wonderful. It's always difficult to start writing for me, but once I get going, I like to do nothing better. It's a relief to get words actually into my computer ... my BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is now starting to be a reality!

I'm excited!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin