Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blog Changes and Real Life

Yes, between a bunch of Google articles and Keith's Photo Shop expertise, I was able to get my blog looking mostly the way I want it to. It's not perfect, but it's 90% how I envisioned it.

I started blogging coming up on three years ago on a home school moms' blog set-up, and I've had essentially the same template since I started with Blogger in January of 2007. I felt it was really time for a change -- for something less cluttered, more crisp and clean. And I'm quite happy with it. I should be, after spending so much time on it last night and today.

It's been an exhausting week of student conferences on MLA research papers plus homeschooling my own four kids (the boys and I have been reading Beowulf lately, the wonderful Seamus Heaney translation that I am wild about, of course), teaching a writing class in our home with my two older boys and the oldest daughter of my friend Sheri, tutoring three students one-on-one in the afternoons, working on Dr. Burns' website, and facilitating a Shakespeare class at bravewriter.com. So taking time to play with my blog and getting it set up -- which passes for "me time" lately -- was a nice break yesterday and today.

And now ... back to work when I get home from church tomorrow! I have to finish my Brave Writer posts on Act V of Twelfth Night and post Dr. Burns' bio on his website before heading back down the hill to my friend Kim's Post-Kentucky Derby Party where she will recount the highlights of her trip to Derby and Thomas Merton country. At least with the holiday weekend we don't have school on Monday, but three MLA conferences (an hour long each) plus tutoring Jack afterward for an hour and also having two students drop off their finished MLA papers for me to grade means that Monday won't be much of a holiday for me. But at least I don't have to be concerned with cajoling my own four to do their work when summertime is calling to them so sweetly.

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

I like the new set up Susanne, looks like you mean business!

Susanne Barrett said...

Thanks, Jane. You have it exactly right -- I'm trying to at least have the appearance of a professional writer. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin