Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Carry On Tuesday Prompt #26



Burned out with grading so many papers, I took a few minutes to myself today to respond to Prompt #26 from Carry On Tuesday:

The opening sentence of Graham Greene's 1951 novel The End of the Affair: "A story has no beginning or end; arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead."

So my response to this prompt is rough, rough, ROUGH -- truly a first draft only. I wrote more, then crossed it all out. I think this sufficeth, but I may add more later, if it comes to me. We'll see....

her story
has no beginning,
no end --
just a middle
of pain,
foreboding
in the right now.

hungering for
distant grace,
for a holy experience
that she can feel
seetouchhear
taste,
that will capture her,
pour her into the chalice --
allow her to become
food and drink
with Him --
so inseparable,
the water and the wine
(the ordinary and the extraordinary)
that the two
become One.
Copyright 2009 Susanne Barrett

Still needs a lot of work, I know, but the idea intrigues me.

(Bummed that the NaNoWriMo widgets all failed. Took them down for now.)

Okay, back to grading papers. NaNoWriMo will have to wait until after Thursday -- I have two teetering stacks of papers to grade before Thursday morning. And a field trip with the boys tomorrow so not much time to grade then, either. A homeschool teacher's work is never done....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin