Monday, November 9, 2009

Quotation of the Week: On Writing and NaNoWriMo


With National Novel Writing Month egging me on to write, quotations on writing are going to be the name of the game for the month of November.

So here are some really great quotations on the art of writing. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I know I have and will.

"I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter."
-- James Michener

"The wastebasket is the writer's best friend."
-- Isaac Bashevis Singer

"Bad artists copy. Good artists steal."
-- Pablo Picasso
So keep on writing, my friends. Whether you are feverishly trying to increase your NaNoWriMo word count or are writing an occasional poem or are a very hit-and-miss journal scribbler, keep on. It is only through writing crap that we can learn to write well. So write on bravely, my friends!

(And please tell me that the time I'm investing into my own writing is not a colossal waste of time and energy. I'm in that spot where I feel that the whole thing is the most boring novel ever written, that no one in his/her right mind will ever want to read it, and that it's complete and utter crapola. Yes, it's Week Two of NaNoWriMo. Yep, sure 'tis....)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin