Monday, November 23, 2009

Quotations of the Week: Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving coming this Thursday, some quotations on thankfulness and gratitude seem the most appropriate to post. So this morning I combed through several websites of Thanksgiving Quotations, copying the ones I liked best into my Quotation Journal. There is almost nothing as relaxing to me as dipping my rosewood pen into my glass bottle of sepia ink and copying into my journals. The first quotation I liked so much that I edited my e-mail signature to include it after seeing it posted by Sister Spitfire on Facebook. I only wish I knew which play it is from; I searched and searched for more information online, but to no avail. It's gonna bug me to no end.  (If you recognize it, please, please leave me a comment and end my suspense. Many thanks!)

"O Lord, that lends me life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!"

-- William Shakespeare

"I thank God for this most amazing day: for the leaping green spirits of the trees and a blue dream of sky."-- e.e. cummings (my favorite poet, by the way)

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."-- G. K. Chesterton

Wishing you all a joyous week of Thanksgiving,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin