Monday, December 21, 2009

Quotations for the Week: On Christmas



(Our Christmas Tree on Christmas Day 2008)

This morning I found myself at one of my favorite, most relaxing, tasks: copying quotations into my little Quotation Journal. Sepia ink bottle uncorked and rosewood dip pen in hand, I copied two pages of quotations on Christmas from Quote Garden, my favored quotation site. You may see all their Christmas quotations here: Merry Christmas Quotations.

As Advent fades this week and Christmastide arrives, I thought I would post a few of the Christmas quotations I copied:

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year."
-- Charles Dickens

"The earth has grown old with its burden of care,
But at Christmas it is always young."

-- Phillip Brooks

"Except the Christ be born again tonight
In dreams of all men, saints and sons of shame,
The world will never see his kingdom bright."

-- Vachel Lindsay


Wishing you and yours a holy Advent and a joyous Christmastide!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin