Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekly Quotation: Advent



Pen in hand and ink bottle at the ready, I made a small Google search for some Advent quotations with which to fill my Quotation Journal on this rainy Monday. And I found several from a book called The Pilgrim's Almanac by Edward Hays. They are longer quotations than I usually jot into my little ink-blotted journal, but I found them irresistible. I have chosen part of one to post here (and in my sidebar for the week, of course!), and I hope that you like it as much as I do:

"Take time to be aware that in the very midst of our busy preparations for the celebration of Christ's birth in ancient Bethlehem, Christ is reborn in the Bethlehems of our homes and daily lives. Take time, slow down, be still, be awake to the Divine Mystery that looks so common and ordinary, yet is wondrously present...."

Edward Hays, A Pilgrim's Almanac, p. 196
Does anyone possess this book? It looks intriguing enough for me to consider adding to my ever-growing wish list of books, some of which I have listed in my side bar. If you do own a copy, please relate your opinion.

A blessed Advent to you and yours, as always!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin