My last week was frantic. Absolutely, positively unpeaceful. And my weekly opportunity to add to the Gratitude Community slipped past me. It was simply that kind of week.
But now I've been slowed by illness, by a cold which has grounded all in the family except J, our middle son. When we don't slow down, at times God slows up against our will.
And now I have time to do a double list for this week as I add to my journey to One Thousand Gifts ... and beyond....
91. for illness that slows us down and allows us to enjoy one another and home comforts
92. for quiet, huggy moments with family
93. for the last week of a productive online poetry class at Brave Writer
94. for how delicious mandarin tangerines taste when one has a nasty cold
95. for the healing effects of green tea
96. for good books, good movies, and many wholesome entertainments
97. for the beauty of the written word as ideas tangle into unity
98. for friends who show their love and concern through intercessory prayer
99. for the Olympics, watching athletes sacrifice so much to be the world's best in their particular sports
100. for my wonderful husband who loves me far more than I deserve
101. for fresh blueberries, eaten right from the box
102. for flickering candles calling one to prayer
103. for Light shining in the darkness
104. for simple joy in the funny things our kids say (especially our youngest who may be destined to work in the clowning industry)
105. for old black and white movies, especially those featuring Cary Grant
106. for art and the many artists always seeking to better their craft
107. for generous friends who love me far more than I deserve
108. for the readers of this blog who read across the US and Canada as well as all over the world
109. for poetry, coming to mind from heart and soul, through pen and onto paper
110. for blue-gray eyes, freckles, and red curls--all of which I never thought I would learn to appreciate about myself