Friday, February 26, 2010

A Short Hiatus

(Thunder Mountain Railroad in Adventureland, Disneyland)

Well, I shall be taking a short hiatus from posting while the four kids and I join my parents, my brother, and his two kids on our annual Southern California amusement park trip. We usually alternate between Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, but last year we purchased annual passes for Disneyland/California Adventure which was the same price as our three-day passes. So this year we are returning a few days earlier to use the annual passes again before they run out -- which saves my parents oodles of money. And I prefer Disneyland, anyway -- it's just more magical.

These annual trips are my parents' birthday present to everyone in the family. With my brother and I sharing an early March birthday and my dad's and sister's birthdays in mid-April (not counting all the March/April birthdays among the grandkids), taking a trip together each spring makes for an excellent gift that we can all enjoy together. My sister and her family moved to Montana a few years ago and haven't always been able to enjoy the spring trip much, but Mom and Dad fly in to see them and take them places, too -- like Yellowstone last year. Keith, who doesn't really enjoy amusement parks, will be staying home with our little dachshund and work. We'll miss him, but he will definitely enjoy a QUIET house this weekend.

So, despite finishing one Brave Writer class today (One Thing: Poetry) and starting One Thing: Grammar on Monday, the timing of the trip could be better, but it does look like we should skirt most of the major rainstorms threatening to drown us at "The Happiest Place on Earth." At least my other deadlines are all past me, and an engagement for tomorrow morning was canceled, so after I take J down to "jam" with the Free Teen Guitar Class tonight (and do several loads of laundry), we should be ready to finish our packing and get cracking on up to Anaheim and all the Disney fun.

And I will return just in time to celebrate my birthday on Tuesday!

Look out Matterhorn; here I come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin