Continuing listing the fruit of a more grateful heart, inspired by the Gratitude Community at Ann Voskamp's Holy Experience. For more on A Thousand Gifts....
Thanks be to God for ...
71. ...the global homeschooling community. In my new poetry class at Brave Writer are families homeschooling in Australia (two of them), Singapore, and Egypt, plus the families all over the US -- East Coast, Midwest, West Coast, a class brimming with enthusiasm and the willingness to play with words together.
72. ...the visit of dear friends from Miami, Rollo and Sarah Casiple, my liturgical partners-in-crime who left Lake Murray in 2004 to pastor an inner city church in Miami, La Vina Community Church. I'm definitely getting dvds of Rollo's excellent and challenging sermon, including the testimony of one of his first youth who is now in the Navy and found community, family, and God at La Vina.
73. ...the relief of pain that had been increasing steadily last week and seems to be ebbing now that my crazy-busy weekend is behind me.
74. ...the stunning play of words, knitting together and sliding apart, creating meaning out of a scramble of slanting letters and printed words. The power of poetry running bone-deep....
75. ...purpose and passion for Christ, for writing, for literature, for people, for teaching, for homeschooling.
76. ...the guidance of God and resulting faith in trust in Him for our finances as a family.
77. ...an abundance of work for Keith since Christmas and the ability to pay our bills on time. Thanks be to God!
78. ...the work of missionary friends around the world, in the US, in San Diego, in our little town -- the reaching out in concern and service to one another in which the "winning of souls" is a natural result of loving hearts.
79. ...the affectionate hugginess of my three boys who stop by several times per day to give and receive hugs from their Mum.
80. ...voices raised in prayer together each morning as school begins.