Monday, September 24, 2007

A Guilty Pleasure....



One of our favorite guilty pleasures is watching ABC's Dancing with the Stars. E and I caught onto it in the middle of the first season and have been die-hard fans ever since. In fact, last year E joined a Junior Cotillion class at the San Diego Women's Club that taught manners, etiquette, and ballroom dancing; she loved every minute of it. Although we haven't been able to find another high school level dancing class for her, she does the Dancing with the Stars Workout DVD which involves dance moves along with aerobic exercise; her favorite dance on the DVD is the Paso Doble.

Tonight we watched the women dance, and Jane Seymour has to be my favorite; she's so classy and elegant, and her foxtrot was very nice. Some of the younger hip-hop danceers may be better dancers but they don't have her presence or her grace. Marie Osmond didn't dance as well as I thought she would have. But overall, it was an excellent first night and a joy to watch. Tomorrow night the men dance, and I'm espcially interested to see how Wayne Newton does; he's partnered with our favorite professional dancer, Cheryl Burke, a two-time winner of the show thus far. I just wish his face wasn't quite so very orange.....

Well, I'm off to vote for Jane at the ABD website. And I'm so glad that this show is back, as well as our two favorite Tuesday night favorites. We'll actually be recording Dancing in favor of watching our absolute favorite shows, NCIS and House. Expect posts about those two shows tomorrow evening.

This week is all about TV. I'm the first to admit that I shouldn't watch so much TV, but when my autoimmune challenges keep me in a prone position all evening, TV distracts me from the pain and doesn't require the concentration that reading or even films do. And E is my TV partner; perhaps she'll end up writing TV shows or something in the future. It's fun to send the boys to bed, break out the organic chocolate, and watch our favorite actors do their thing. So there's almost nothing better than premiere week in our household....

1 comment:

Pam said...

We like premiere week too! Different shows, same enjoyment. Only this year two of our favorite shows aren't returning until January so we still have to wait a while! (Lost and 24).

Glad you can have such fun with your E!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin