Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poetry and Surprised by Joy


I have spent this brisk and windy Saturday with my nose buried in a large four-book volume of C.S. Lewis alternating with writing May's Boomerang for Brave Writer on Robin McKinley's The Hero and the Crown. The latter is fully drafted, but I'm only 75% through Surprised by Joy (read 50% of the book today) with our Logos discussion tomorrow afternoon. I still have time in the spa to read, although underlining and writing in the margins is quite difficult while holding the heavy tome above water level.

Still, here is a quick haiku I scribbled for today to fulfill my poem a day during April (which was not easy to compose with the very loud movie The Dark Knight playing in the same room):

On Reading Lewis

Eyes blurred, I'm reading
Lewis. So late, his thoughts swirl,
nestling into mine.

(c) 2009 Susanne Barrett

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin