Saturday, April 24, 2010

NaPoWriMo Poem #21

In celebration of National Poetry Month, I'm attempting to write a poem a day for the month. It hasn't been easy--especially with the absolutely crazy week I've had--actually an absolutely crazy month, to be precise.

I'm starting this post with no clue as to what I'm going to write--so it's gonna be a complete freewrite. It may totally suck, but it's one more poem toward my total, even if I'm three poems behind for the month. I may resort to snappy little three-lined haiku by the end of the month, but I'm not willing to go there now. YET.

thots
ideas flow--
one after the other,
image following image.
I reach,
fingers outstretched,
trying to capture
a word,
a phrase--
something that encapsulates
that which is ephemeral.

the challenge of the poet
is expressing the unexpressible,
or at least expressing the ordinary
in extraordinary ways
that speak revelation--

the way He whispers His truth
in my ear,
making the impossible
"yes"
in Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin