Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NaPoWriMo Poems 17 & 18: Cinquains

(composing poems with my favorite fountain pen)

I spent time yesterday prepping for my Poetry Class at our homeschool co-op Class Days. I'll be teaching my 4th-6th graders how to write cinquains and diamantes, some fun Visual Poems. As I wrote my lesson, I composed two cinquains as examples. Since I'm so overwhelmed with work right now, I'm going to unashamedly post my very elementary shape poems, but I'll take what I can get as I wend my way to 30 poems for National Poetry Month....

Poem #17: Poetry Cinquain
Poetry
Clever, crafty
Writing, composing, describing
Best words, best order
Verse


Poem #18: Spring Cinquain
Spring
Green, beautiful
Growing, budding, blooming
Always makes me joyful
April

I hope to compose some more sophisticated work soon...when I somehow come out from under my rock (or rather, laptop) as soon as I get my online work under control--not likely soon, I might add....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin