Monday, September 13, 2010

Still Trudging up the Path....


On a day when spoons are scarce, I keep on keepin' on, trudging uphill (both ways) along the pathway to One Thousand Gifts with the Gratitude Community. On days like this, when strength seems a distant daydream and energy a thing of the past, I can only try to put one foot in front of the other, leaning heavily on my cane, trying to find silver linings in the dank, dark clouds swirling around me.

So, in other words, I need chocolate.

Serious chocolate.

And about seven episodes of Grey's Anatomy so I can realize how good I really have it.

In the meantime, I'll keep on the lookout for silver linings.

I thank God for....

316. ...Grey's Anatomy reruns.

317. ...cool summer nights that relieve the hot days.

318. ...boys who, while avoiding their school work, at least make me a fruit plate with vanilla yogurt for lunch which almost (but not quite) bribes me.

319. ...books that distract me from the pain, especially those by Anne Perry and Stephenie Meyer.

320. ...the dream of taking my husband out to dinner and to a movie this week so I can talk to an adult without kids present.

321. ...that our college-aged daughter is coming home this weekend after staying on campus last weekend.

322. ...this blog and the occasional (very occasional, I promise) need to get all sarcastic and Grey's Anatomy-ish when I don't feel well.

323. ...my new cell phone and the new delights of texting. I feel like I've finally caught up to the 21st century.

324. ...fall. is. coming.

325. ...my new Alice Twilight choker with the Cullen crest, my new three-inch Shakespeare bust atop a tiny little box that holds all my pen nibs, and my new Shakespeare/Old Globe key chain.

It's sometimes the little things that reveal the silver lining....

Grey-ish turning silver (and I'm not talking gray hair...much),





holy experience

1 comment:

100 Days N Prayer said...

Love 320! (And I can totally relate!) :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin