Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gardening....

Today when stopping by the local Rite Aid, where in the past I have sworn NEVER to purchase plants for the garden, I spied my favorite plant: lavender. After placing three plants into a nearby cart, I then saw some blue pansies -- ah, must have those. Then tulips in four-inch pots? And my favorite annuals -- stocks in a pale pink?

I got half of them planted today, plus several rose bushes trimmed back. I'm hoping to finish cutting back the roses tomorrow as well as planting the lavender and tulips along with my new Valentine rose bushes from my sweet husband. Keith needs to pull out several rogue oak trees that have taken residence in my back bed, and then we can plant. My flower garden has been a source of sadness for me since they were destroyed last fall, so slowly recreating them is hard but joyful work. I just have to be careful not to do too much at once or I'll be laid up afterwards. I will try to post some pics soon of my lovely new plants; our Santa Ana this weekend after the heavy rains earlier this week make tomorrow (Saturday) a perfect gardening day.

2 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Boy, do I understand! It's hard to stop buying plants. I like lavender and pansies, too.

Susanne Barrett said...

Thanks so much for your comments, Becky. You encouragement means a great deal. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin