Monday, February 12, 2007

The Grammy Awards

Okay, okay, I'll admit it: I'm addicted to award shows. I did have an excuse to watch the Grammys: U2 was up for two awards, which they didn't win. But I always seem to find new artists I want to check out at the Grammys. A few years ago, it was Norah Jones. This year it's Corinne Bailey Rae. Such a sweet voice -- very lovely girl and lovely music.

The dresses, the costumes, the hair, the music. I loved Carrie Underwood's hair and dress, and loved even more seeing the Police reunion. Too cool. Mary J. Blige was gorgeous, body, voice, and soul. Loved how she thanked Jesus and God the way she did. Glory to Him for the gift of music in the first place. And Justin Timberlake didn't annoy me as much as usual; the DixieChicks took over that spot for me.

This morning I logged into my CD club and ordered Corinne Bailey Rae's new CD, as well as ones from John Mayer and (not related to the Grammys) Frank Sinatra. Love those old songs of his -- talk about classic! So I have new music on the way -- yay! Life can't get much better than that!

Well, if my CD club didn't charge full price for U2 and Green Day, that would be PERFECTION!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin