Saturday, March 17, 2007

Another Gardening Day...

These two weeks of 80-degree weather have spoiled me completely. Usually March sends our small mountain town our deepest snowfalls. But this March has me outside almost every day, watering my garden and trying to get what's left of out poor beleagured lawn to green up.

So this afternoon I planted my herb garden around my bird bath: sage, lavender, peppermint and spearmint, English thyme, French rosemary, and plain parsley (cilantro). The curled parsley I planted two years ago keeps popping back up, and it's doing nicely now, as is a large patch of thyme and a few other kinds of lavender. I also planted a few perenial flowers to create a little color as well.

As I drove through town on my way to visit Judith and pick up a library book, I saw so many people out in their yards pruning, sweeping, gardening, or at least doing something to their yards.

It's definitely that kind of weather. Even the daffodils are yielding to real springtime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin