Monday, March 12, 2007

Mountain Spring


Yes, it's SPRING! Here are my daffodils for proof:

That lovely poem by ee cummings always sings in my heart during this time of year:

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful....

The meadow outside our gate is green and glowing. The daffs are beautiful in their profusion (the above photo doesn't quite do them justice), and the roses are sending out baby red leaves. The pansies are growing back a bit after the rabbits' foraging, and I'm watering the dirt, hoping (most likely in vain) for a lawn -- or at least something green -- to grow back after the ravages of construction and a very hot autumn.

I've been outside nearly every chance I get lately -- who can resist temperatures in the 80s in mid-March?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin