Wednesday, March 28, 2007

'Tis the Season...

For dancing!

Yes, the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" is underway, and E and I, as always, find ourselves spellbound by these non-dancers who become so good so quickly. This season, E has a new appreciation of their hard work as she has been taking ballroom lessons through the California Junior Cotillion since last October where she learned the waltz and the East Coast Swing.

If the women's dresses were a bit more modest, it would be the perfect show. Of course, the rub comes when the results show runs at the same time as our all-time favorite, "House M.D." So "Dancing" was recorded but not watched last night, and this morning, to our horror, we found that Paulina was voted off. Now, E and I really liked her. Admittedly, she was a bit "stiff and starchy" as Len, the head judge, stated, but she was so lovely and had much more potential than Clyde or Billy Ray, neither of whom should last long, in my humble opinion.

My favorite is Apolo; his speedskating doesn't necessarily translate well into dancing, but he's got great rhythm and style. Right now he's in third place in the judge's voting, and I think he'll move up. E's favorite is Heather, whom she admires for dancing with a definite disability; I think the back walkover really impressed her this week.

Now that Cotillion is finished until next fall, I suppose I should find my girl some more ballroom classes. Google, here I come....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin