Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

Well, my bags aren't packed yet, but I'm ready to go....

I'm off to North Carolina for a few days to stay at a beach house with thirteen lovely ladies of the Lamp Post (see sidebar for link), the Internet community where I "hang out." Some of these women I've met; others I haven't, but it should be a nice little vacation for us.

Carol and I are flying to Raleigh/Durham where Carrie will pick us up and put us up for the night. Friday we'll drive with her to Topsail Beach on the NC coast and stay in a beautiful beach house. Check out the link below if you want to see the house we're staying at:

http://www.treasurerealty.com/rentals/3940id/3940id.htm

Today I bought the essentials: a novel by Anne Bronte, (to bring along with the spiritual autobiography that Carmen sent me -- thanks again, Carmen!), ink with a screw top that I can take along with my special dip pen for journal writing, new brown sandals, and a new clor of nail polish with cute little stickers to glue on. :) And I'm almost, almost done with my last Slingshot subscription of the year; May's topic is always Shakespeare, so I'm writing about Twelfth Night and Sonnet 33. Just have to write a wee bit more about the sonnet and proofread the final copy(something I'm NOT good at with my own writing, as this blog will attest!), and then send it off via cyber-space.

I already have the school planning done, the menus and grocery lists written out, and everything bought that I need. I just need to do laundry and pack on Wednesday (and do school with the kids, and do my nails, and update my i-Pod, etc.), and I'll be ready to go!

So I'll be back in the middle of next week. Have a wonderful few days, and I'll bring back a report from NC (and lots of great 365 blog photos)!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin