Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day



We stopped by Greenwood cemetery this afternoon, the day after Memorial Day and the day before my grandfather's birthday. It's always an important day for me: to stop and remember my uncle who was killed in a plane crash at age 31, my maternal and paternal grandparents, my great-grandparents, my great-great uncle, and my great-great grandparents. I tell stories about these people to my kids so that even though they're no longer here, my kids will have memories and stories to pass down to their families. That's also why I want to work on my family's genealogy this summer.

Before the cemetery trip, all six of us watched a matinee of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World'd End. It had excellent parts and extremely stupid parts; I suppose the good parts outweigh the bad parts overall. It was enjoyable nevertheless and worth the price, I suppose, even for six people. At nearly three hours, it was a bit long and definitely needed some judicious editing. But it was still breathtaking and funny at the same time: the mark of a good movie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin