Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quick Quotes Quill


The last few days have flown by, leaving my head whirling. Elizabeth got packed up on Friday, and we drove down the mountain to the coast, where Point Loma Nazarene University nestles along the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The orientation also swirled past--before we knew it, the soccer team was unloading our van for us, delivering all of E's belongings right into her room. Keith and the boys left, and I remained on campus with Elizabeth for the rest of New Student Orientation.

I made it home late Saturday night after spending Friday night at my parents' home along the coast, and today I readied our home school for the three boys still at home. I think we're almost ready to begin a new school year. A few things need a bit of spit-shining, but overall, we'll make it.

So these days whirled past, and somehow, someway, our daughter is moved out and installed in a dorm room, ready to begin her college career tomorrow (Monday) with classes in tennis, German, and Writing 110 (Freshman Comp). Time seems more ephemeral than ever, slipping past nearly unseen, a strand of fog always moving while seeming to stand stock still.

I'll write a post on the incredible orientation, but tonight I want to quickly post a quote or two to start out this amazing, wonderful year of educational opportunities.

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty."
--Henry Ford

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."
--Eartha Kitt
So we never truly grow old as long as we continue learning...and that's one reason that homeschooling parents are so young at heart and curious of mind!

Happy learning, everyone! Have a blessed, wonderful year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin