Monday, August 9, 2010

QuotationS of the Week


I received my second rejection letter for some poems today--and very quickly, too; I had only submitted them last week. Sigh. (Sob!)

So...I sent out more poems today.

Therefore I thought I'd share a quote or two about poetry for this week's quotation. (Okay...quotationS)

"Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash."
--Leonard Cohen


"The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth."
--Jean Cocteau


"Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary."
--Kahlil Gibran
So I hope to grow as a poet and gain a couple of acceptance letters. But I'm saving my rejection letters anyway--not really sure why. Perhaps to look back over in about...oh, maybe like ten years...and laugh.

Maybe.

Hopefully awash in acceptance letters in a decade...or two,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin