Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Welcome, New Followers!


I just want to welcome you new followers and readers from the Hip Homeschool Hop!

I am thrilled to have you along for the journey, and I can't wait to take a look at your blogs as well.

We'll be starting our thirteenth year of home education on August 23, the same day our eldest starts her first college classes at Point Loma Nazarene University, the college I attended and also taught at for a few years when the children were young and my husband able to stay at home with them. It's a beautiful campus--not merely because it's nestled on cliffs overlooking the glorious Pacific Ocean in San Diego, but also because of its incredible spiritual and academic strengths. This liberal arts university of 2000 students becomes true family.

I'll be posting more about our homeschooling plans in a few days. Now with only our three boys at home, starting grades 5, 8, and 10, we'll be shifting into new schedules, new curricula, new lotsa stuff.

I'm also going to be teaching two classes at Brave Writer this fall: Just So Stories, a class in story writing based on Rudyard Kipling's wonderful animal stories, and the MLA Research Essay, in which I'll be guiding high school students through the research and writing processes necessary to produce a college-level argumentative research paper according to the MLA (Modern Language Association) format, the format most commonly used in universities.

And of course I'll be continuing my own online essay grading and writing assistance/tutoring for homeschooling families through my website: Susanne M. Barrett Online Grading Services.
So again, welcome to my blog, and I hope that you'll find it a help in your homeschooling journey as well as a place of peace and contemplation in our busy lives.

On the journey with you,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin