Sunday, July 11, 2010

Quotation of the Week


Little quiets my mind, calms my soul, more than dipping a shining pen nib into a bottle of sepia ink in order to copy a really insightful and revelatory quotation into the humble Quotation Journal in which I have been penning favorite pearls o' wisdom since 2001. The next best way to bring tranquility to heart, mind, and soul is to revisit those carefully copied quotations in my best pen"woman"ship, prayerfully choosing one (or more) to share with you here on this blog.

As I glanced through worn pages, some passages on prayer that I copied last October caught my attention. Since I am to be resting this coming week by order of my chiropractor, I am thinking that I may focus this week on prayer: really expand my usual prayer times in a way that I am not able to accomplish during the busyness of our school year. So when these quotations waved their serifs at me, begging for recognition, I couldn't resist sharing them with you:

"Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees."
--Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

"The Lord's Prayer may be committed to memory quickly, but it is slowly learnt by heart."
--Frederick Denison Maurice

"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
--John Bunyan
May we all pray this week with hearts overflowing,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin