Monday, November 24, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

I've just reached 35,000 words tonight -- I have 4,000 words to go to catch up tonight. According to my own schedule, I should be at 39,000 words tonight, so I have a ways to go.

But after hitting a slow spot, I'm finally getting on a roll again. I wish I could transfer some stuff in from online -- history on the Anglican Church, etc., but I'm using my old (1989) Encyclopedia Brittanica in order to fill in the gaps. It's an interesting way to approach my non-fiction research, but again I'm trying not to self-edit, evaluate, or critique any part of the novel so far -- I just need to write 50,000 words by November 30. 15,000 words in six days. I really hope I can at least do that -- finishing is the only criteria of success for NaNoWriMo. Not quality. Not if it "works." Not if it's good. Just that it has 50,000 words.

The kids and I are taking the entire week off of school, so I should have plenty of time to get it finished. I also have the end of a Brave Writer discussion to finish this week also. And I have a few things I'd like to do around the house, like clean out my closet, the linen closet, etc. But getting those 50,000 words completed is my main deal.

35,000 words. I'm 70% done. And I've never written a novel before -- never even started one. Just finishing will be a triumph. I hope I can indeed do it.

PS I reached 38,000 words tonight after all. Cool!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin