Saturday, November 29, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update....

As I head to bed this Friday night, I reached 46, 151 words -- I have fewer than 4,000 words to go over the next two days to finish NaNoWriMo. Very do-able, dontcha think?

I doubt I will be able to officially "win" at the NaNoWriMo site simply because my novel is on my computer with no Internet capabilities, so I can't exactly upload it into the site for confirmation. Perhaps we can try a dial-up connection for a few minutes, but that's my only hope.

But even if I don't get the "winning" prizes like little widgets for my blog, if I reach 50,000, I'll still have the satisfaction of achieving a goal. I doubt that my book will actually be "done" at 50,000 words, which is like 110 pages, but I'll have a good amount to revise and edit in subsequent drafts.

3,849 words left, and I have all morning and evening tomorrow (Saturday) but very little time Sunday with church, Logos, and school planning. Plus, if I finish tomorrow, then I should be able to have Keith figure out a way to get my laptop online Sunday.

3,849 words. That's it. I think I can; I think I can!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what about trying someone elses computer connection? Just a thought.

Susanne Barrett said...

I've tried the wireless at the library and couldn't get it to work. We'll see....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin