Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Continuing the Attitude of Gratitude


As I add to my list, plodding on toward the goal of One Thousand Gifts as part of Holy Experience's Gratitude Community, I can't help but be overwhelmed by the goodness of God. Little things are not little to Him -- all manifestations of His grace are gigantic, miraculous, far beyond the telling.

So, a day late but never too late, I add a note of gratitude for:

111. ... WOOD! Lake Murray is taking down a long row of mature eucalyptus trees, and Keith, his brother, and our three boys have been hauling the wood the 37 miles from church to our home. The wood will need to be split soon as eucalyptus hardens as it sits, so we'll have a HUGE splitting party soon. Next winter we will be warm and toasty, and I am *so* looking forward to it. We've been scrounging wood this winter as we haven't had enough money to fill our propane tank, but next winter even if we can't fill the tank, we're assured of a comfy winter.

112. ... for the power of words, how ideas germinate and imagery blooms in the most unlikely places.

113. ... part and parcel of #112, I am so grateful that God has gifted me with the desire to keep pushing my poetry writing, to keep baring my heart and extending my shy boundaries far past my comfort zone.

114. ... for my full Brave Writer classes this winter. My One Thing Poetry & One Thing Grammar courses have *never* been so large before, and it feels so wonderful to be helping so many families and to be an active help financially. Thanks be to God!!!

115. ... for our fun trip to Disneyland and California Adventure last week with my parents, my brother and his two kids, and myself and our four kids. Much fun was had by all, and after a very busy month, it was delightful to enjoy rides and fun times.

116. ... for my hard-working husband, boys, and daughter. They all work so hard physically, and I'm so proud of them.

117. ... for a wonderful birthday and a superb lunch at Jeremy's On the Hill just outside historic Julian, with two incredible women who are poets and "of the deeps" both faith-wise and wise-wise.

118. ... for music, specifically that of Billie Holiday and the Twilight: New Moon Soundtrack -- both are excellent writing music even though recorded 70 years apart.

119. ... for beauty popping out everywhere in this early spring, for rush of March winds, for greening of browns and golds, for daffodils raising faces to the sun, for rains slaking thirst of parched ground.

120. ... for a Holy Lent, far from perfectly kept, but always keeping me on my knees. For this I thank Thee, O Lord.





holy experience

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin