Sunday, March 7, 2010

Quotation for the Week

(Image from AmericanCatholic.org)

As we pass into the third week of Lent, I still am thinking Lenten thoughts, focusing on Lenten disciplines, praying for Lenten strength, hoping for Lenten revelation. As I seek Him to strengthen my body and soul during these 40 days, I find myself drawing ever closer to Him who loves us with an everlasting love, a perfect love. Never-ending.

"A discipline won’t bring you closer to God. Only God can bring you closer to Himself. What the discipline is meant to do is to help you get yourself, your ego, out of the way so you are open to His grace."
-- James Kushner
And I can't help falling to my knees in worshipful response, asking Him to lead me further, farther, and more deeply into the mysteries of our faith.

As I sign my personal e-mails: Soli Deo Gloria,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin