Monday, March 29, 2010

A Week of Gratitude


It's been a busy but wonderful week, a week worthy of the Gratitude Community as I wend my way to 1000 Gifts. I thank our God and Father...

141. For our son T's 15th birthday, spent at the beautiful tidepools in North Pacific Beach/South La Jolla. Such a lovely day! Photos may be seen here.

142. For a break from homeschooling of two weeks for Easter break--the kids and I are ecstatic! Woo-hoo!!!!

143. For the beginnings of Holy Week, my favorite week of the year--I'm very much looking forward to the Triduum services at Alpine Anglican Church of the Blessed Trinity.

144. For the middle boys having their standardized testing this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I have to drive them all the way into San Diego and then wait for them to finish three hours later--but I love studying and reading at a nearby Starbucks: three hours of solitude and almost silence (except for Starbucks' funky music, grinding of coffee, and swirl of blenders). This morning I spent almost two hours in prayer and Scripture readings in Morning Prayer from the 1928 Book of Common Prayer. I hope to spend Tuesday morning at the San Diego Mission de Alcala.

145. For unusually warm weather this week, a solid sign that spring is not just around the corner; spring has arrived indeed!!!

146. For having a full pantry and bills all paid--such a blessing!

147. For God's divine direction in a sticky situation.

148. For dear poet friends like Judith and Kathryn who love me and encourage me in pursuing poetry, telling me the truth in love and helping my work to develop.

149. For the blessing of Elizabeth being able to attend Point Loma Nazarene University in the fall.

150. For the service of Maundy Thursday, the sorrow of Good Friday, the pensive waiting of Holy Saturday, and the inexpressible power and joy of Resurrection Sunday this week!

Wishing you all a blessed Holy Week,




holy experience

1 comment:

Lona said...

Rejoicing with you! Funny, we had a 15 yods birthday recently, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin