Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn Poetry Quotation


Last Sunday my daily Poem-a-Day from Poets.org was a lovely autumnal work by Yeats. This Sunday a wonderful fall poem by Emily Dickinson arrived in my inbox, and I would love to share it with you on this autumn evening with storm clouds brewing and rain creeping its way up the mountain.

131 by Emily Dickinson
Besides the Autumn poets sing,
A few prosaic days
A little this side of the snow
And that side of the Haze -

A few incisive mornings -
A few Ascetic eves -
Gone - Mr Bryant's "Golden Rod" -
And Mr Thomson's "sheaves."

Still, is the bustle in the brook -
Sealed are the spicy valves -
Mesmeric fingers softly touch
The eyes of many Elves -

Perhaps a squirrel may remain -
My sentiments to share -
Grant me, Oh Lord, a sunny mind -
Thy windy will to bear!
So on this windy and stormy night, may you all find a cozy place to cuddle with book and a mug of cocoa, as I am this evening.

Feeling "fall"ish,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin